11 Decision Making
Wise men plead cases, but fools decide them.
Chapter Case Study
- President John F. Kennedy’s Advisors: The Bay of Pigs, a dictionary entry at Answers.com provides an detailed analysis of the events leading up to the invasion.
- Group Works: Thinking Together is a comprehensive set of suggestions and ideas posted at the University of Maine.
- The Use and Misuse of Focus Groups, by Jakob Nielsen, describes the use of focus groups for gathering information and making decisions
- Seven Sins of Deadly Meetings, by Eric Matson, offers some sound ideas for improving meetings
- Improvising and Muddling Through, by Victor H. Vroom is a personal review of the career spent studying organizational behavior and leadership.
- The Law of Group Polarization, by Cass Sunstein, is a wide-ranging application of the concept of polarization to a variety of legal and political decisions
- Groupthink is examined in a useful article at SourceWatch, a project of the Center for Media & Democracy