1 Introduction to Group Dynamics
People easily form clubs, fraternal societies, and the like,
based on congeniality, which may give rise to real intimacy….Where there
is a little common interest and activity, kindness grows like weeds by the roadside.
–Charles Horton Cooley, 1909, p. 26
- What are some terms used to describe groups? A list of group names, for animal groups (primarily) developed by the USGS Northern Prairie Wildlife Research center
- Who is Kurt Lewin? A brief biography of Kurt Lewin, developed by Julie Greathouse (May, 1997)
- Experiential Learning and Experiential Education, developed by James Neill, provides a host of links for various topics pertaining to learning by interacting with others. The games page provides a number of activities that encourage experiential learning
- Seven Basic Questions about Groups Answered. The first issue of 2000 of the journal Group Dynamics contains a series of articles that review topics that have dominated researchers’ efforts over the past century.
- Group Timeline This link presents a timeline, for the period from 1890 to 1960, for group’s research.